Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Missing in action!!

(for some reason blogger doesnt respect my parragraphs and it appears all like a huge chunk... sorry!) Wow, it's been so long since my last post and so many things have happened. Related to this blog I can say that I have gained back all the weight lost + a couple extra kilos. I am not going to try to make excuses although I do believe there is a logical explanation. Since the begining of this year I have been TTC (with no luck) and also have done 2 IVF cycles (again, with no luck) therefore the weight little by little went up and up and up. First I have to say that I am 38 years old, therefore I knew that my chances were not as good and at first I did not expect to get preagnant immediately, which was fine, and I continued with Dukan (jan, feb) to first of all lose what I had gained over christmas (2 kg) and to continue with my objective, thinking that if I did get pregnant whatever weight I lost before was a good margin for the extra weight I would gain with the pregnancy. I was not too sure that Dukan and TTC went too well along and therefore in march I decided to do Dukan but only the consolidation phase so I would get fruit and some carbs and my body would be better prepared. After another couple of months came the anxiety of not being able to conceive and I not only abandon the diet completely but ate far too much due to the anxiety. At the begining of summer after 6 unsuccessful months TTC I already reached my starting weight of 64.5 plus I started an IVF cycle. With the anxiety, the hormones and all that goes along with that, now the summer is over, 1st IVF did not work, I gained another couple of kilos and now I am at almost 66 kg and no baby. I did a second unsuccesful IVF cycle and have a couple of frozen embrios that I will go for in a couple of months as I need a rest from all the anxiety and maybe loose 3 kgs (I am trying to be realistic) in the meantime still trying the natural way just in case. Obviously - or maybe not so obviously for those who really believe in the healthyness of Dukan - I will not do Dukan. I really feel I do need to do what we call a "mediterranean" diet or a more balanced diet that includes a small amount of carbs in the morning, some fruit, many vegetables, protein, no sugar, no alcohol... I am not saying that Dukan is unhealthy and I have seen the amazing results of some fellow dukan bloggers, but I also think that there is a moment in life for everything and that if when TTC you need to be healthy 100% then I feel more confortable with the typical food piramid. So that's all folks!! This is why I have been away, this is the logical explanation (not an excuse but an explanation) of my weight gain. I am not confortable at all with this gain, actually until I reached the 64 kg that were my starting weight last August I was more or less ok with it. But after going over that mark I started feeling not so good. Anyway, although I have been absent I have kept up more or less regularly with your blogs so I did not abandon you I only became a silent blogger-colleage!! :o) Here are the statistics: Starting weight August 2011: 64.4 kg Lowest weight on Dukan: 59.6 kg (december 2011) Highest weight this summer: 66.7 kg Actual weight: 65.5 (this morning) cheers!! and happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Do whatever works for you dear! :)

    -Constance
    AKA Dukan Dietress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SlimC,
    I totally agree - Dukan is not for everyone, and what works for some people, doesn't work for the others. I've recently been looking at adopting a more Mediterranean style diet as well, as I'm trialing vegetarianism.
    Good luck with the IVF - you are so brave for sharing your experiences! I really hope you'll get the outcome you want from it! :)
    x Melly-Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dieters can eat nothing but trim proteins, and endless amounts, there is no keeping track of calories. It is important that the proteins is low in fat. Protein could be all kinds of meat, seafood, poultry, egg, soy, and bungalow type dairy products. The slimmer is informed to be cautious to avoid foods with included carbs.

    Fitness Maitland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks admin for the post, Its really a nice post and Looking for more blogs like this. Please stay updated..!

    wedding planner cost miami

    ReplyDelete